In a very brief life span of 4 months the movement has an impressive list of achievements.
1. The Movement prepared a 'Technology based Plan' for eradication of ragging and got it approved from
- The Raghavan Committee;
- The University Grants Commission and other regulatory bodies
- A committee of three Senior Lawyers nominated by the Supreme Court including the ASG
- Technical Team of EdCil ( India) Ltd.
- A committee of 3 senior people dealing with telecommunications, web technologies and contact centre management.
2. The Hon. Supreme Court of India made the implementation of the Plan developed by the Aman Movement mandatory for execution by the Union government and we are glad to report that the process has already started. The help line was inaugurated on the 20th June 2009. Work on monitoring and related data bases is going on.
3. Media comprising TV, Radio & News papers have been very cooperative but sustaining their interest and persuading them to continue with the movement is no mean task. The movement plans to have a nation wide TV campaign with the help of Door Darshan.
4. The Founder Trustee of the Movement met with Her Excellency, Smt Pratiba Singh Patil, the President of India, who expressed her support for the movement. This meeting resulted in Her Excellency writing to all Chancellors of Universities in the Country to take a proactive role in the matter.
5. The Founder Trustee of the Movement met with the Hon. Prime Minister, Dr. ManMohan Singh who assured him full support of the Government of India for this worthy cause.
6. The movement launched its awareness campaign by making a short film which was shown on Home Media LCD advertising TV's in shopping malls, Cinema Halls, Call Centres etc. for 2 weeks in all metro cities across the country.
7. In the next few weeks the Founder Trustee of the movement will meet with all the Governors of states to take the movement to the next level of awareness which is to bring it to the level of Universities and Colleges. In this regard the movement has already made progress with the states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh.
8. The movement has launched a comprehensive web site which provides information on all matters concerning ragging. The movement will keep this web site continuously updated as more information keeps on coming in.
9. The movement has started launching a campaign of declaring several colleges 'RAGGING FREE' and publicize them widely. This initiative will encourage various colleges and their authorities to take a more active role in the matter.
10. The movement has a comprehensive plan of activities for the next one year or more which includes talking to students and also penetrating at the School Level. The latter initiative has already started.